Toast Topped with Peanut Butter, Bacon and Caramelized Red Grapes
Bacon, cut in ½
Peanut butter (or any nut butter)
Roasted peanuts (or almonds), chopped, tossed in olive oil
Sourdough levain bread, cut into thick slices, brushed with olive oil
- Heat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- For the Maple-Pepper Bacon: Spray a sheet pan lined with foil with non-stick spray. Place the strips of bacon down and cook for 12-15 minutes, until most of the fat has rendered and the bacon begins to crisp.
- Drizzle the strips with maple syrup and sprinkle with cracked black pepper, return to the oven and cook until crisp. Be careful not to burn.
- For the Roasted Grapes: Line a separate sheet with foil, place the grapes on the sheet tray, drizzle with olive oil, thyme leaves, salt, and pepper. Place in the oven for 20-25 minutes until the grapes are soft, slightly charred, and some have popped open.
- For the Toast: Brush the thick slices of bread with olive oil and grill or toast under a broiler. Spread the hot toast with ¼ cup of peanut butter, top with slices of bacon, roasted grapes, and a sprinkle of the peanuts. Serve immediately.
Note: The grapes can be served hot, cool, or kept in an airtight container in the fridge.