Chimichurri Chicken and Green Grape Skewers
Chicken Grape Skewers
16 appetizer size skewers
Green Grapes from California, quartered lengthwise
Red onion, finely diced
Garlic cloves, finely minced
Jalapeños, finely minced
Red wine vinegar
- For the Skewers: Mix the smoked paprika, cumin, turmeric, salt, and chili flakes together in a small bowl.
- Cut the chicken pieces into 1-inch cubes and rub with the olive oil. Sprinkle the spice mix over the chicken and rub in well. Using 6-inch bamboo skewers, thread the chicken alternately with the grapes.
- Cover with plastic wrap and allow to marinate for 30 minutes to 4 hours.
- For the Chimichurri Sauce: Make the chimichurri by stirring together all ingredients. Let it sit at room temperature for at least 30 minutes or up to 4 hours.
- Grill, pan sear or broil the skewers until the chicken reaches the internal temperature of 165. When done, brush the skewers with the chimichurri oil.
- Serve on a platter with a bowl of the chimichurri on the side.
Note: The chimichurri sauce will still be good and taste good for up to one week, but the color will change from vibrant green to a dull olive-green color.