Mango and Tuna Ceviche
Lime juice, divided
Mango, ripe, peeled, diced
Cucumber, seeded, diced
Red onion, fine julienne, rinsed
1-2 tsp. or as needed
Extra-virgin olive oil
Ground black pepper
- Combine the tuna, 2 tablespoons lime juice, and a pinch of salt. Let sit for 1-5 minutes depending on how “cooked” you would like your tuna. Drain the tuna.
- Combine the mango, cucumber, red onion, 3 tablespoons lime juice, and jalapeños in a bowl.
- Add the tuna and cilantro to the mango mixture and adjust the seasoning with salt and lime juice as needed.
- Fold in the extra-virgin olive oil. Do not over mix once the olive oil is added or it will dull the color of the ceviche.
- Serve with tortilla chips.
Variation: Serve with lettuce cups or add diced avocado to the mixture.
To serve as a mini tostada, cut all ingredients into ¼” pieces, and serve on top of the crisp mini fried tortilla shell and top with sliced avocado.