Leg of American Lamb with Succotash, Creamed Corn and Harissa
Lemon, zest and juice of
Ground black pepper
Corn cobs, cob removed
Bell pepper, roasted
For the marinade
- Mix olive oil, lemon zest and juice, rosemary, garlic, and black pepper.
- Truss the leg with twine and season liberally with salt. Marinate in the marinade for at least 4 hours and preferably overnight.
- Smoke lamb for 4 to 6 hours at 225°F.
- Start grill and heat plancha.
For the Succotash
- Place succotash vegetables (corn, summer squash, dragon beans, and cherry tomatoes), in bowl and marinate with olive oil and garnish with basil.
For the harissa purée
- Add roasted bell pepper, harissa spice, lemon juice, salt, and olive oil to blender and process until smooth. Adjust seasoning as necessary.
- Take lamb out of smoker and place on grill. Rotate to brown on all sides.
- Take lamb off grill when all sides are crisp. Let rest.
- Place summer squash and dragon beans on heated plancha. Season with salt and drizzle with olive oil. Flip, and then add corn and cherry tomatoes. Stir vegetables and continue to heat on plancha until cooked. Sprinkle with basil leaves and mix.
- Take vegetables off plancha and let sit in bowl.
For cream corn
- In a small saucepan, heat the butter until melted and bubbly. Cut fresh corn kernels off the stock and simmer with butter until the corn kernels become soft and creamy. Season with salt and set aside for service, keeping warm.
- Slice lamb. Place cream corn on plate, top with sliced lamb, place succotash on plate, garnish with harissa purée.
Recipe by Chef Stephen Barber of Farmstead Long Meadow Ranch