Grilled Turkey with Spring Kale Caesar
Garlic, mashed to a paste
Tabasco or other hot sauce
1-2 Tbsp. for thinning out
Parmigiano Reggiano, grated
Romaine lettuce, sliced
Kale, torn into bite size pieces
Fennel, sliced paper thin
Radish, sliced paper thin
Parmigiano Reggiano shavings
- Soak the romaine, kale, fennel and radishes in ice water for 20 minutes. Spin dry.
- Make the dressing by mashing the garlic and anchovies to a paste with a pinch of salt.
- Add the Dijon, Worcestershire, Tabasco, lemon juice and stir together. Whisk in the mayonnaise and add a little water if the dressing is too thick. Stir in the parmesan and adjust the flavor with salt and pepper adding a little more lemon juice if desired.
- Slice the Butterball® Mesquite Smoked Turkey Breast into 2 - 3 oz slices per person–approximately ¼ inch thick. Sprinkle both sides lightly with the Chipotle Rub. Grill the turkey slices to achieve nice marks and color.
- Toss the greens in desired amount of Caesar Dressing, adding the Parmesan shavings and crispy chickpeas.
- Place a large amount of salad on top of the hot grilled turkey and serve immediately.
Note: There are many different types of turkey you might consider adding to this recipe including: confit, smoked turkey and chorizo.