Kona Turkey Bowl
Wakame seaweed, dry
Forbidden black rice, cooked
Macadamia nuts, toasted, crushed
Pineapple slices, ½ inch, grilled
- Cut the Butterball® Ready-to-cook Turkey Breast into 10 even slices, about 1-inch thick.
- Combine all the ingredients for the marinade in a large mixing bowl. Place the turkey in the marinade making sure it is evenly coated. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Next, place seaweed in a bowl, cover with water for about 5 minutes. Drain and chill.
- In a large mixing bowl, place the kale, soy sauce, sesame oil, ginger, salt and lemon juice and thoroughly toss and massage for 2-3 minutes until the kale is wilted to about ½ its original volume. Set aside.
- Heat a grill on medium high and season with oil.
- Remove turkey from the marinade and grill on both sides until just done. Set aside to cool. Slice into ½ inch strips.
- Cut the pineapple in half.
- To assemble the salad, arrange the following in a bowl: 1 cup kale, ½ cup rice, ½ cup quinoa, ¼ cup seaweed, 1 pineapple slice, ¼ of a sliced avocado, 1 ½ tbsp. pickled ginger, ¼ cup macadamia nuts, the sliced turkey and a wedge of lemon.
- Sprinkle with togarashi spice.
Note: There are many different types of turkey you might consider adding to this recipe including: confit, smoked turkey and chorizo.