Hi-Protein Banana, Coconut, and White Bean Pancakes
Yield: 6 Portions
Buttermilk, or coconut milk
1 1/2 cups
White beans, drained, rinsed
Oat flour, or rolled oats*
Coconut flour, or desiccated coconut*
Flour, all-purpose or gluten free
Coconut sugar or brown sugar
Canola oil pan spray
Maple or coconut syrup
For the Wet Mixture:
- Place all wet ingredients in a blender and blend on high for 1 minute.
For the Dry Mixture:
- Place all dry ingredients in a large bowl and whisk until combined. Make a well in the center.
For the Pancakes:
- Add the wet ingredients to the well in the dry ingredients, and stir together until just combined.
- Heat a non-stick griddle on medium high. Spray with canola oil spray and using a 3-ounce ice cream scoop or ladle, spoon the pancakes onto the griddle.
- Flip the pancakes when the first side is golden brown and there are visible bubbles on the tops of the pancakes; cook approximately three minutes per side.
- Serve with butter, additional banana slices, toasted coconut and syrup.
Note* If using rolled oats or desiccated coconut, place in blender and blend on high until a fine powder is achieved. Recipe by Chef Barbara Alexander