Teriyaki Bibimbap with Seasonal Vegetables & Purple Rice by Chef Ether Choi
Kikkoman Teriyaki Marinade & Sauce
1 ½ cup
Ribeye steak, thinly sliced
Garlic, thinly sliced
Jalapeño, thinly sliced
Scallion, cut into 2-inch pieces
Fresh peas, shelled
Red bok choy, chopped
Kimchee, thinly sliced
Cooked Purple rice (equal portions of white, black and brown rice)
Butter, cold, cut into cubes
Salt and pepper
- Add ½ cup Kikkoman Teriyaki Marinade & Sauce, garlic, jalapeno and scallion to the beef and mix until well incorporated. Set aside and let it marinate for at least 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare your vegetables. Bring a large pot of water to a boil, and season generously. Blanch fresh peas for 1-2 minutes, shock in ice water and drain.
- Next, blanch bok choy for 30 seconds and shock in ice water. Strain and pat dry with a paper towel. Add to a small bowl and season with 1 teaspoon sesame oil, pinch of salt and pepper. Repeat same steps with spinach, beansprouts, purslane and zucchini.
- To make sauce, heat 1 cup of Kikkoman Teriyaki Marinade & Sauce in a small pot. In a small cup, mix cornstarch and 1 tablespoon of water and mix to dissolve well. Add to the heated teriyaki and let it simmer until slightly thickened. Remove from heat and add the butter, one cube at a time while whisking. Make sure the sauce does not break by whisking vigorously and waiting until each cube melts. It should look thick and glossy when finished.
- To cook the beef, bring a skillet to high heat and stir-fry for 2-3 minutes until browned.
- To assemble, in a shallow dish, place rice and top with vegetables, beef and fried egg. Serve with a side of sauce. To eat, mix everything together and enjoy.
Recipe courtesy of Chef Esther Choi, Mŏkbar- Brooklyn, NY