Latin American Cuisine SummitHybrid Summit: Live in San Antonio and Virtual
Creating a healthy and safe environment for all our attendees, sponsors, presenters, and staff is of the utmost importance as we plan for an in-person Latin American Cuisine Summit in October. The following information is based on current local guidelines and may not reflect the requirements or recommendations that will be in place in October 2021. However, we are consistently monitoring all federal, state, and Bexar County guidance, and will update our website regularly to provide the most current recommendations and regulations.
Entry Requirements (uploading instructions will be shared in early October)
- Provide proof of full COVID-19 vaccination; OR
- Proof of a negative COVID-19 test taken within 72 hours from the time of entry.
- For more information, view our Vaccine and Testing FAQs.
Venue Safety and Mask Requirement
Cleaning and Sanitization
- Masks are required indoors at all CIA locations, regardless of vaccination status, as of August 2021. Exceptions for tastings are listed below.
- At all times CIA service staff will be wearing masks both indoors and outdoors.
- The CIA has a mandatory vaccination policy in place for its students, faculty, staff, and principal contractors.
- All theaters and classrooms will have Bluezone® air purification systems installed, which include a patented solution to kill 99.99% of airborne viruses and bacteria. Altogether, 24 state-of-the-art Bluezone Viral Kill units will be installed at strategic locations throughout the San Antonio campus. The CIA thanks Bluezone® by Middleby for its generous donation of these units to the CIA.
Food & Beverage
- Increased frequency of cleaning and sanitizing in all public spaces.
- Hand sanitizing stations will be available throughout the campus.
- Signage with health and safety reminders will be prominent throughout the facility.
- Contactless registration and badge printing will be available.
- All dishes served during meal functions will be plated individually or served by a CIA representative or chef.
- Tastings will include spacious indoor and outdoor design configurations.
- Biodegradable single-use food and beverage service ware will be used.
- Designated areas for eating will be available both inside and outside, where masks can be removed temporarily.